The General Assembly, in its resolution 38/161 of 19 December 1983, inter alia, welcomed the establishment of a special commission that should make available a report on environment and the global problematique to the year 2000 and beyond, including proposed strategies for sustainable development. The commission later adopted the name World Commission on Environment and Development. In the same resolution, the Assembly decided that, on matters within the mandate and purview of the United Nations Environment Programme, the report of the special commission should in the first instance be considered by the Governing Council of the Programme, for transmission to the Assembly together with its comments, and for use as basic material in the preparation, for adoption by the Assembly, of the Environmental Perspective to the Year 2000 and Beyond.Commission on Developing Countries and Global Change
Logistics & Administration Officer
(Kualar Lumpur, Nationwide )
- Responsible for overseeing the logistical activities including local procurement, fleet and equipment maintenance, warehousing and asset management and IT support in co-ordination with the Regional Logistics Team in Thailand.
- Implement and maintain Merlin standard procurement practices, keeping records to full audit trail standard under relevant donorregulations.
- Maintain a clear communication with the capital office and field teams to ensure procurement processes, deliveries of supplies and related activities are followed up and all required information is shared with the destination sites
- Ensuring the creation and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date supplier information and market prices databases for regularly purchased items including creating Preferred Supplier Agreements for regularly purchased items.
- Assist the country logistics team in overseeing and monitoring asset management, conducting regular physical checks on assets and inventory items and tracking control measures of asset movement.
- Cooperate with relevant departments to monitor assets movements and changes through assets tracking methods and ensure proper control of all equipment at all times
- Ensure that the structure of the compounds, electricity, water supply, power supply, equipment, are in working order and any faults are reported and repaired promptly
- Implement, supervise and monitor Merlin standard warehousing practices, keeping records to full audit trail standard under donor regulations as well as Merlin Internal Warehousing Procedures for Merlin activities in the .
- Maintain stock control consistent with Merlin protocols and procedures.
- Regular monitoring of Merlin pharmacy with monthly reports provided to Project and Health Coordinators.
- Maintain all logs filing systems to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and logs documentation.
- Monitoring and maintaining the communication equipment in Region.
- Daily coordination of transport activities by road and air.
- Oversee the Region fleet management and ensure appropriate safety standards in all vehicles in the fleet, including availability ofnecessary safety accessories and communication equipment
- Oversee the maintenance/repair activities for all Merlin Region vehicles and generators
- Oversee the fuel consumption as well as overall maintenance costs of vehicles and generators.
- Produce a monthly project logistics report for timely submission to the Project Coordinator and Logistics Manager.
- In collaboration with the PC, develop quarterly/monthly procurement plan.
Admin and Finance (10%)
- Participation in project planning and the preparation of donor proposals and reports in collaboration with the Project Management and Country Management Teams.
- Prepare timely forecasting information for the country office.
Human Resources (5%)
- Assist the Logistics Manager with the continued training needs of the national logistics staff and ensure training needs are appropriately met and within budget.
- Capacity building of national staff teams within administration, liaison and logistics.
- Recruit and appraise logistics staff based in Region. Security
- Participation in the ongoing monitoring of the security situation. Implementation of security measures according to Merlin security guidelines.
- Preparing procedural requirements for facilitating the evacuation of field based teams if necessary.
- Oversight of physical site security and emergency stocks
- Management of national staff logistics staff essential for security procedure implementation
- Assist with report and proposal writings when necessary.
- Any other tasks that might be given by the Project Coordinator, Logistics Manager and/ or Operations Manager.
- Act as Project Coordinator in times of absence due to meetings, R&R and annual leave
Excellent communication skils, with good spoken and written English
- Good report writing skills
- Good computer skills including excel, word and access
- Good database and record keeping skills
- Management and capacity building experience and personnel skills
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local authorities
- Ability to remain calm and to be diplomatic
- Good team player but also able to work alone with only minor supervision.
- Able to read and interpret a manual
- Able to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Strong time management ability and used to multiple tasking
- Able to live as part of a team
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to email ONLY with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
Posting date: 02-06-2020 | Closing date: 30-08-2020
All Jobs From This Company
02 Jun 06:05PM
02 Jun 06:04PM
02 Jun 05:44PM
02 Jun 05:44PM
Browse Jobs by Category