Beacon International Specialist Centre Sdn Bhd
Beacon is a medium-sized boutique hospital equipped with 100 beds and a comprehensive team managed by fully, proficient and experienced healthcare professionals with more than 15 years of experience individually. This plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of treatment delivered often exceeding industry standards.
Our success in the establishing and managing our first Cancer Excellence Centre, has inspired us to develop seven other specialty centres, namely the Brain and Spine, Bone and Joint, Eye, Men’s Health and Urology, Women’s Health, Health Screening and Research centres. These specialty centres are anchored by several medical specialists who have more than 20 years of individual experience, with many recognised as thought leaders in their own right, both nationally and internationally.
STAFF NURSE - ICU / OUTPATIENT
(Petaling Jaya, Selangor )
- To implement all policies, activities, procedures, instructions as relevant and required by the quality system.
- Patient Advocate, Health Educator for patients and relatives.
- Liaison with doctors and consultants of hospital.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records.
- Assume responsibilities for total plan of care for all assigned patients and work according to the medical centre policies and professional standards.
- Carry out specialist’s order in conformance with standardized techniques and procedures; and to provide quality care.
- Maintain safety of patients in your care.
- Promote harmonious and effective work relationships within the unit and with the medical and auxiliary staff in co-coordinating patient total needs.
- Demonstrate qualities of a role model in sharing your expertise with co-workers.
- Primary point of contact between the patient-both at the bedside, and in-out patient setting.
- To carry out any duties assigned / instructed by management as and when required.
A. Provide nursing care according to current standards of nursing practice to maintain high standard of patient care and assume responsibility for team members when acting as team leader.
- Plan, organize and evaluate the total care plan for the patients.
- Assist doctors during rounds in examination of patients and carrying out special procedures.
- Carry out specialist’s orders in giving medications, treatments within realm of responsibility.
- Maintain custody of controlled drugs, check and administer drug.
- Evaluate symptoms, reactions and progress of patients undergoing chemotherapy / or any procedures.
- Maintain accuracy in charting and recording of observation.
- Report all abnormality of patient’s condition to medical practitioner and team leader.
- Teach patients and relatives according to their needs by formal and informal education.
- Teach and supervise hospital aide in carrying out basic nursing care to patients.
- Guide and direct activities of co-workers as they provide patient care.
- Assist in the orientation of newly appointed nursing staff.
- Check crash cart every day to ensure all drugs and equipment are in place.
- Check stocks to ensure sufficient supplies.
- Liaise with auxiliary services e.g. maintenance, housekeeping, dietary units for any changes.
- Organize reception, discharge and transfer of patients in accordance to any standing order.
- Check all equipment and make sure they are in working order.
- Carry out emergency resuscitation procedures both cardiac and respiratory in the absence of medical staff.
- Observe strict sterility technique in accordance with procedure manual.
- Collect and dispatch all specimens according to specific instructions.
- Assume responsibility for IV cannulation, venepuncture and assist in specialized procedure within the unit.
- Accompany patient in ambulance from time to time.
- Perform other related professional nursing duties as assigned.
B. Maintain a safe environment for his/her patients
- Report unsafe and mechanical disorder to nursing sister.
- Avail yourself of emergency codes and fire procedures.
- Familiarize with new nursing care techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Be aware of legal implications.
- Instruct her/his team members of precautions to be taken for:
- Severe drug reactions patients
- Immuno –suppressed patients.
- Radiation safety and self-protection.
C. Contribute to self-growth and Development
- Attend in-service programmes from time to time.
- Bring forth ideas and need for own learning experiences.
- Participate in training and education programme.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy or equivalent with a valid APC.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Proactive, resourceful and able to work independently and under pressure
- Fresh graduates with Diploma in Nursing are encouraged to apply
- Full-Time position(s) available
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
Beacon International Specialist Centre Sdn Bhd
46050, Petaling Jaya