Intellect Minds is a Singapore-based company since 2008, specializing in talent acquisition, application development, and training.We serve BIG MNCs and well-known clients in talent acquisition, application development, and training needs for Singapore,Malaysia, Brunei,Vietnam and Thailand.
Product Engineer L3 Salesforce Development
( Kul. Lumpur )
Intellect Minds is a Singapore-based company since 2008, specializing in talent acquisition, application development, and training. We serve BIG MNCs and well-known clients in talent acquisition, application development, and training needs for Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Vietnam and Thailand.
Our client is an establish company a, leader within their industry, is now looking for a Product Engineer L3 Salesforce Development to join their esteemed organization.
1. Basic Role Details
Role Product Engineer Level 3
IM-SO-IMS-L2 Grade Range S5
Practice Version 1
2. Role Purpose
Product Engineers operate, change and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce CPQ and how the platform is configured for the business, they will live and breathe the Agile manifesto and will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
3. Common Role Accountabilities
The Product Engineer will
• Have accountability for developing, configuring & supporting new and existing functionality of our Internal Salesforce Platform including custom objects, custom fields, formulas, workflows, processes & flows, page layouts, validation rules, assignment rules, and analytics.
• Manages Salesforce.com administration, including but not limited to: user roles, security, profiles, fields/relationships, workflow rules, processes & flows, page layouts, validation rules, email templates,
• Have accountability for developing, configuring & supporting module of a product
• Adhere to Standards and Legislation and demonstrate compliance with these to auditors.
• Defines the technical direction of a suite of functional capabilities or modules to the Product Management Team and implement these as part of a self-organising team
• Review establish and adhere to appropriate governance and configuration control
• Trend analysis and monitoring of incidents and problems in order to define, design and implement corrective and preventative solutions
• Influences customers to evolve their business based on technology advancements
• Have end to end system understanding and its relationship with the external eco-system
• Work with suppliers, customer, team members, senior leaders and industry peers to continuously improve delivery
• Documents technical business requirements /problems into format that business can understand and works with the Product Owner in the development of Business Cases and Best Practice solutions.
• Contribute to protecting the products from technical debt and process debt and designs the system architecture to adapt to future change.
• Defines, designs and implements systems integrations working with external projects and programmes.
• A deep understanding in process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile with experience in executing these in a highly automotive, high velocity output and consistently changing operational environment
• Understands and optimises the end-to-end system
• Will provide out of hours support for Severity 1 and 2 incidents in order to meet agreed Service Level Agreements. (with appropriate out of hours compensation in line with company policy)
• Be flexible in terms of hours of work to enable a 3-4 hour overlap with the UK normal working time. (with appropriate overtime payments in line with company policy)
This Lead Product Engineer will also bring:
• Direction on how the product should be built and supported
• Collaborative, team focussed and fun environment
• Drives imagination and experimentation across the team
• Mentors the Product Engineers within the team
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document what you have done so others can understand, pick up from you and learn.
• Experience in behaviour-driven design.
• Passion for the product by remaining up-to-date with latest developments, the product roadmap and vendor strategy.
• Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness and honesty.
• There will be a little bit of an obsession when it comes to the configuration control, ergonomics and aesthetics, user experience and customer perception of your product. You need to set the standards.
4. Grade/Level Specific Accountabilities
Product dependent could affect the grade of the role.
5. Typical Knowledge, Skills and Technology Requirements
The typical skills and technology required for this role include:
Knowledge Skills Technology
• Knows Salesforce, specifically the Sales Cloud and Salesforce CPQ, its roadmap and vendor strategy; what it does, how it works and how it is used by the industry.
• Knows the business; what they need, how they work and what they may want
• Knows how to build and support the product
• Knows how to work in high performance teams and be results-orientated. • Deep understanding of Salesforce Administration
• Deep knowledge of the force.com platform, Visualforce, Apex.
• HTML or other scripting language.
• Certified as a Salesforce developer.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Systems Design & Development.
• Test, test automation.
• Data Management.
• Release Management.
• Agile, Scrum, Kanban
• Ergonomic and User-Centric Design.
• Governance and Control.
• Service Operations.
• Product Management.
• Self-Learning. • 3+ Experience Salesforce Sales Cloud, Sales Content and Salesforce CPQ.
• Force.com, Visualforce, Apex
• HTML or other scripting language.
• Use of Kanban Boards or Software Lifecycle Management Tools.
• Cofig Management Tools.
• DevOps technologies (e.g. Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
6. Role Progression
Role Progression for BAE Systems Products:
• Product Administration
• Product Engineering Level 1 – Graduate Level
• Product Engineering Level 2 - Competent
• Product Engineering Level 3 – Expert/Coach/Lead
These roles will then progress to either:
• Product Delivery Lead
• Product Architect
• Product Owner
Progression from these roles will then be towards:
• Programme Management / Portfolio Management
• Domain / Enterprise Architecture
• Business Management / Director
7. Development Options
The typical Training & Development associated with this role include:
10% formal training
BAE Systems run courses
Managing High Performance Teams
Leading for Total Performance
Externally run courses
Value Flow Quality (Agile Practitioner)
Books 24x7 Service Delivery content
Please visit SuccessFactors Learning Pages for to access the above e-learning and e-books and more
Recommended Professional Qualifications
20% learning from others
The Phoenix Project – Gene Kim
Scrum – Jeff Sutherland
Lean Startup – Eric Rees
70% learning on the job
Recommended Project Experience
Blogs and Articles
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
level 14-02, 199, jalan tun ra
50400, kuala lumpur