CHEP (M) SDN BHD
CHEP (www.chep.com) is the global leader in returnable and reusable packaging services. Combining superior technology and an asset base of more than 300 million pallets and containers. CHEP offers its customers exceptional value, a platform that enables reduction in customer product damage and an environmentally sustainable logistics solutions in 46 countries.
CHEP is the market leader in providing pallet pooling solution. We are operating in a lean and effective way, supported by strong business systems, aiming to create greater values to our customers and our shareholders.
We welcome you to join us!
(Bukit Raja, Klang, Selangor )
- Develop & implement the CHEP Malaysia Procurement strategy to ensure alignment with global and local needs, and to achieve excellence in the level of service delivered to the business.
- Engage with key business stakeholders and work cross-functionally in developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Develop and implement SOPs for all critical procurement activities
- Undertake sourcing projects across a range of direct and indirect expenditure categories, implement agreed outcomes, and manage the ongoing supplier relationships.
- Develop, manage & continuously improve the entire purchasing cycle, incorporating the following
- Identification of qualified and capable suppliers & service providers
- Negotiation of market competitive terms & conditions, and management of supplier contract preparation & execution
- Management of appropriate supplier relationships
- Provision of timely and accurate forecasts to suppliers
- Detailed measurement and management of supplier performance, including delivery performance to forecast, delivery to quality specification, and billing
- Detailed reporting to the Business of supplier performance, with early alerts of any variance to forecast
- Detailed management of supplier billing, ensuring timeliness and accuracy to facilitate payment to terms
- Development of Contingency Plans to reduce risk arising from any supplier shortfalls
- Drive continuous improvement in all procurement activities, including in areas of internal process, in supplier selection & management, and in the delivery of products & services to the business;
- Report as required to the Business on both Capex & Opex spend against budgets and forecasts
- Stay informed on market conditions affecting costs and product availability. Evaluate price trends, new products launches, product availability for cost improvement
- Ensure all procurement related activities and personal activities comply fully with CHEP Zero Harm and Sustainability standards and practices
- Tertiary qualifications in Commercial Finance, Supply Chain or related area
- Analytical approach to problem solving and sourcing in particular
- Written & spoken English and Bahasa Malaysian is required
- Proven ability to lead change management initiatives
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Good experience in undertaking strategic sourcing projects across a range of spend categories (direct and indirect).
- Experience with working in a large and structured organisation with Quality Control systems and processes and defined standards and ways of operating
- SAP knowledge
- Sourcing experience in industrial raw materials, preferably including lumber, and in the supply of services
- Specialist knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends.
- Advanced negotiation skills (including internal & external stakeholder management)
- Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Developed and applied project management skills.
- Strong integrity and ability to advise and guide Management on best whole of life outcomes for the Business
- Capacity and interest in developing depth of knowledge regarding lumber use, lumber sourcing, and supply relationship management
- Solid knowledge on the international shopping
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
CHEP (M) SDN BHD
Lot PT 63710, Solok Waja 3, Kawasan Perindustrian Bukit Raja