Posting date: 07-04-2018 | Closing date: 00-00-0000
LITERACY HUB SDN BHD
The I Can Read System originally came about through research conducted between 1995 and 2000 by Antony Earnshaw and Annabel Seargeant. It is structured, cumulative and hierarchical, and is the first system in the world to link clusters of letters to single sounds in a unique manner.
*Created by educational psychologist following years of research.
*Created by educators with the following qualifications: PhD, BA, MA, Hons, DipEd, Master of Letters, Literature, Linguistics and Psychology majors, thesis based on research into reading acquisition and over 20 years field work.
*ICR creators are also the authors of “Dealing with Dyslexia and Reading Difficulties” published by Pearson Education.
*Is a proven programme trialled in Singapore and overseas and backed by statistical data.
*Has successfully taught over 200,000 students.
*Has been hailed by Professor Brian Byrne (author of The Alphabetic Principle) as being in line with current research into optimum ways to teach reading.
*If you choose I Can Read, you are choosing a reputable system which has proven itself over 16 years, is the market leader and is supported by professionals in the field.
TEACHER (READING SPECIALIST)
(KLANG, Selangor )
Teach I Can Read Literacy courses:
- Working with children between the ages of 2.5 to 12 years old.
- Teaching pre-reading skills to children using the I Can Read System.
- Teaching reading and comprehension skills using the I Can Read System.
- Teaching writing skills, including grammar, editing and publishing.
- Teaching oral presentation and communication skills.
- Helping children develop social skills and positive classroom behaviour.
- Teachers will conduct initial assessments for all incoming students.
- Teachers will regularly assess students during classes to monitor individual progress.
- Teachers will maintain regular open communication with parents, through informal meetings, formal meetings and scheduled parent teacher meetings.
- Teachers will keep attendance logs for all classes taught and update Centre Management when a student is ready for promotion.
- Teachers will attend regular Learning Centre Team meetings.
Contribute to Student Growth and Retention
- Increasing sign-ups – achieved through maximising the assessment process.
- Minimising withdrawals – achieved through maximising the teaching process.
- Degree-level qualifications, preferably in Teaching/Education/Early Childhood/Studies/English/English Literature or Linguistics.
- Native English speaker with a universally recognisable accent and a strong command of the English Language.
- At least two years of related teaching experience, or similar.
- An enthusiasm for teaching young children.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well with co-teachers, and Learning Centre Management.
- The ability to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
LITERACY HUB SDN BHD
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
47810, Petaling Jaya
All Jobs From This Company
Browse Jobs by Category