De Palma Management Services Sdn Bhd
At De Palma we offer you a new era of hospitality - the Syariah Compliant way, suitable for all walks of life especially Muslims, with facilities from comfortable rooms, halal restaurants, up to date meeting and banquet facilities to the provision of surau facilities with full time imam who leads the performance of daily prayers. Our friendly staff will see to your needs whether on business or leisure. At De Palma,you will experience a truly Malaysian welcome... the Syariah Compliant way.
(Ampang / Kuala Selangor, Nationwide )
1. Manage, organize and ensure the smooth running of your particular section.
2. Maintain a good working relationship with all colleagues and other departments.
3. Report daily to the Chef De Partie/ Jnr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef and cooperate with other members of the Kitchen Team.
4. Prepare daily mise en place, according to work lists or verbal instructions given by the Chef De Partie/ Jnr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef.
5. Follow verbal instructions given by the Chef De Partie/ Jnr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef at all times.
6. Ensures that all acquired items are ready to go, well before service.
7. Take a professional interest in constantly maintaining a high standard of food preparation by checking food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
8. Ensure all dishes are uniform in content, taste, presentation and established portion sizes are adhered to.
9. Ensure that goods and food items are stored in the correct manner, which prevents contamination and minimizes food spoilage.
10. Maintain an organized, clean and hygienic work area.
11. Ensure that fridges, storage and working areas are cleaned and maintained, ensuring that chemicals are used according to manufacturer’s instructions and with minimum wastage.
1. Leave the work area clean and organized; then hands over properly to incoming shift workers.
2. Report any equipment malfunctioning and problems to the Chef De Partie/ Jr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef.
3. Make every attempt to prevent any damage, breakage, theft or loss of Hotel property.
4. Assist in reducing the overall food cost within given guidelines as well as other kitchen related expenses by controlling requisitions and maintaining adequate stock levels.
5. Make suggestions to the Chef De Partie/ Jr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef concerning improvements, which lead to a higher guest satisfaction and overall departmental profit.
6. Report to the Chef De Partie/ Jr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef for the correct disciplinary action to be taken against Kitchen staff, fairly and professionally, to maintain a high level of staff moral and discipline.
7. Inform and consult with the Chef De Partie/ Jr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef about any problems, discrepancies and happenings with the kitchen operation.
8. Order items from the stores or production rooms and double check the requisitions, must do a physical check of the kitchen stock.
9. Ensure all requisitions must be filled out the day before issuing; must be signed by the Chef De Partie/ Jr Sous Chef/ Sous Chef
10. Report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform, nametag and neat grooming applicable.
11. Know all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
12. Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform and body language.
13. Be polite and professional in any situation where the image of the Hotel is represented.
14. Use and store kitchen equipment according to departmental procedure and manufacturer’s instructions, and in a manner which ensures minimum breakage and loss.
Well-versed in Culinary Arts
• Positively spirited and passionate about food
• Ability to work in difficult conditions under pressure
• Ability to coordinate their subordinates, supervise others and teamwork
• Understanding Hotel Operations and customer focus to drive results
• • Displays trust and integrity - is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others.
• Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development.
• Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the property.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
De Palma Management Services Sdn Bhd
Posting date: 03-11-2017 | Closing date: 01-12-2017
All Jobs From This Company
03 Nov 10:38AM
Browse Jobs by Category