Posting date: 31-10-2017 | Closing date: 30-11-2017
Lafarge Cement Sdn Bhd
Building Better Cities
Lafarge Malaysia Berhad is a leader in the Malaysian construction industry, contributing towards
Building Better Cities. Our offerings and solutions provide cities and townships with more housing, making them more compact, more durable, more beautiful and better connected.
Headquartered in the Klang Valley, we offer the most comprehensive network of facilities, and the widest solutions to better serve customers. We have three integrated cement plants, two grinding stations, more than 40 concrete batching plants and six aggregate quarries across Peninsula Malaysia, and we employ close to 2,000 people.
For more than 60 years, Lafarge Malaysia has played an integral role in the construction projects for home owners, large enterprises and the complex infrastructure projects across the country. We have contributed towards iconic landmarks across Malaysia such as the Petronas Twin Towers, KL Tower, the SMART Tunnel, the Penang Bridge and KLIA 2.
Lafarge Malaysia is listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia It is part of the FTSE4Good Bursa Malaysia Index which measures companies demonstrating good environmental, social and governance performance. Lafarge Malaysia is part of the global LafargeHolcim Group, the largest building materials company in the world, which is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Senior Coordinator, Mechanical Execution
(Langkawi, Kedah )
SENIOR COORDINATOR / COORDINATOR – MECHANICAL EXECUTION (Position reports to Mechanical Execution Manager) - 2 vacancy
Location : Langkawi Plant
- Ensures proper safety measures are being adhered all the times by employees including contractors in order to achieve zero LTI in the department by following SOPs and Isolation Procedures.
- Monitors and update maintenance plant data and maintenance records in the maintenance system and execute the job accordingly to avoid machinery failure during operation.
- Plans distribution of work to technicians, daily maintenance and major repairs schedules and to monitor as well as ensure spares are readily available in the store for plant maintenance or plant stoppage.
- Works together with planners to arrange schedules, manpower requirement and execution areas for maintenance works in order to ensure that all equipment is well maintained and at the most cost effective manner.
- Manages and supervise technicians in the execution of works such as de-isolation and trial of equipment after maintenance, to ensure that the jobs have been carried out properly and that all instruments are performing according to expectations.
- Ensures the long run of all mechanical equipment by utilization right spares at the right location in safe conditions and ensure proper upkeep of the equipment in order to achieve the plants production and reliability targets.
- Responsible for the execution of scheduled inspection of tools and tackles (including safety tools and tackles) to ensure that the equipment is in optimal condition and safe to be used.
- Motivates, coaches and identifies new training needs for subordinate by coordinating with consultant in order to aware of new techniques and better knowledge of equipment.
- Conducts further troubleshooting within the work order area and perform necessary corrective repairs, follows by updating the maintenance system and recommending improvement activities within the area to improve reliability there by, in the long run, reduce cost and time.
- Implements and adheres to all Internal Control Rules and the Code of Business Conduct in your area of responsibilities
- Implements and ensures H&S system within the work area in compliance with company policy, objective, standards and guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by HOD or other immediate superiors
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 years working experience preferably in cement production or heavy industry.
- Good knowledge of safety and rules and regulation.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of equipment
- Good knowledge of maintenance systems (usage of MAXIMO)
- Interpersonal and Communication Skill
- Good cost control skill
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to: email@example.com
Lafarge Cement Sdn Bhd
All Jobs From This Company
Browse Jobs by Category