R Box Asia Sdn Bhd
R BOX Asia is a full-fledged courier service that formed a partnership with several airlines for the purpose of providing even better cost-effective service to our customers. This integration has resulted in R Box being the low-cost Courier and Logistic Service Provider.
Senior Operations Manger
(Petaling Jaya, Selangor )
We are looking a professional Senior Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all shipment’s operation. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage a team of operations executives, global agents / partners and third party vendors.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Liaise with forwarding, warehouse and transportation companies to create a good working relationship to be able to strike good negotiations for custom clearance and transportation of goods, and to prevent hiccups that may arise.
- Meet and keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingencies to mitigate.
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes.
- Global communication, hosting and accountability of weekly and monthly meetings.
- Work with regional agents and teams to resolve operational issues and gaps in processes.
- Supervise, coach and train operation team to ensure that they adhere to industry standards, to promote rule of law and are hands-on in order to promote hard-work, which is needed for successful deliveries and completion of production tasks to meet clients’ demands and deadlines.
- Lead global and regional operational initiatives - draft manuals, procedures, standard work instructions, and generate metrics to drive improvements.
- Proven working experience as an international logistics manager.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to plan and coordinate warehousing and transportation.
- Well knowledge in customs operations, international laws and logistics management for efficient service delivery.
- Excellent human relations skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the logistics team, getting them to perform optimally.
- Good communication skills to understand the details of clients’ deliveries, and pass instructions to team members to carry out without erring.
- 5-10 years of Logistics experience in Logistics.
- Minimum 3 years direct management experience in a global environment.
- Detail-orientated and ability to quickly pick up and lead programs/processes.
- Ability to work outside comfort area and quickly establish relationships.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong process knowledge and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in leading and managing in-house global trade compliance operations.
- Knowledge of Customs and Export / Import Administration Regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to interact with cross-functional teams, project management skills, and data analytics capabilities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Interested applicants are invited to write-in / fax-in / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to:
R Box Asia Sdn Bhd
Posting date: 16-08-2017 | Closing date: 00-00-0000
All Jobs From This Company
Browse Jobs by Category